Admissions Open - Academic Session 2022/2023 (Re-Announcement for Vacant Seats)
Eligibility criteria and KUSoS PBT Test Group for Admission:
- In order to be fully eligible for admission, candidates must have passed 10+2 level (or equivalent) with a minimum aggregate GPA of 2.0 or Aggregate 50% in percentage scale. Candidates must have appeared in Kathmandu University Common Admission Test (KUSoS PBT/KUCAT CBT 2023) and obtained the required threshold score in the test. Students, who have completed 10+2 in Biology stream and applying for PCM test must have taken an additional mathematics course and passed it with required scores. An additional requirement of minimum marks or grade in aggregate and individual subjects as specified for individual programs.
- Candidates who have passed all courses of Grade XI and are waiting for Grade Increment Exam of grade XII are also eligible for provisional admission if the candidate is able to score pass marks in KUSoS PBT/KUCAT CBT 2023 entrance exam. Rules and other details regarding provisional admission will be made public during the admission offer call.
- Candidates must appear in KUSoS PBT/KUCAT-CBT-2023 entrance exam with PCM test group for all programs.
- Candidates who have completed +2 equivalent GCSE A-Level shall have at least 3 courses at Advanced Level (A level) and 1 in AS level. Course combination PCM or PMCs is applicable as per the specific program. Whenever percentage uniform mark (PUM) criteria are provided, then, aggregate 50% in percentage scale will be applicable. If PUM is not provided, Grade D in PCM/PMCs will be applicable.
- For International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma students must have at least 6 courses including either PCM or PMCs. Course combination of PCM or PMCs is applicable as per the specific program. Students must have a final IB grade of 3 in each course separately.
The three advanced level courses required varies for program to program:
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for B.E. Environmental Engineering
- Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/Computer Science for B.Sc. in Applied Physics.
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology for BSc. in Bioinformatics & B.Sc. in Environmental Science.
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology for B.Sc. in Agriculture.
- In case of confusion in eligibility of GCSE A Level or IB Diploma please send your queries through email. (email@example.com)
- Candidates who have completed +2 equivalents with foreign educational boards shall be submitting the marks equivalent to grades from equivalence authority KU at the time of admission.
- CTEVT diploma holders (3 years education after SLC/SEE) may apply in the related discipline corresponding to their field of study at the diploma level. Eligibility requirements are the same as that of percentage criteria for NEB +2 graduates.
- In case of a dispute related to application, eligibility, PBT/CBT exam and PBT/CBT score, the decision of KUSoS PBT 2023 committee will be final.
If any query regarding admission application or KUSoS-PBT, please send Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +977-9841572333, +977-9841755619, 9841004380 +977-11-415100, +977-11-415200, (phone available from 9 AM - 3 PM)