School of Science is operated mainly in 3 locations in the Campus: Block 06 (Department of Physics, Department of Mathematics, Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Office of the Dean), Block 7 (Department of Biotechnology), Block 12 (Department of Pharmacy), and AEC Block (Aquatic Ecology Centre; Himalayan Cryosphere, Climate and Disaster Research Center; and multiple departments).
The School of Science has the following departments:
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
In the academics and student life of School of Science students, apart from the departments/units integrated in the organization of the School, the following departments, units provide various teaching, administration, and logistic services.
Affiliated to School of Science
- School of Engineering
School of Engineering is operated mainly in 3 locations in the Campus: Block 08 (Inge Johansen Block: Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Associate Dean Office), Block 09 (Newly added: Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Geomatics Engineering Faculty, Dean Office), and Block 11 (Yamaji Block: Department of Civil and Geomatics Engineering, Humanities and Management Unit).
- Turbine Testing Lab (TTL): TTL provides research and development facilities for hydromechanical components of hydropower plants.
- Kathmandu University Business Incubation Center (KUBIC):Facilitates business incubation for graduates and other innovative professionals.
- E-Learning Forum/Center:Provides e-teaching/learning platform, designs and implements other online and offline information services and systems.
Others Schools of KU
School of Medical Sciences is located at Chaukot on the Sindhuli Highway. Dhulikhel Hospital is the Teaching Hospital for School of Medical Sciences with excellent medical facilities and services. School of Management is located at Balkumari, Lalitpur. School of Arts and School of Education are located in Hattiban, Lalitpur. School of Law is located in Dhulikhel. All Schools are open for interaction, interdisciplinary study and research.
- Vice-Chancellor and Registrar Offices (Block-02: on front cover): Overall governance of the university.
- Office of the Controller of Examinations (Block-14): Registers students, conducts final examinations, keeps record of student performance, provides grade, transcript, and certificates, and coordinates convocation ceremony.
- Students Affairs Directorate (Block-11): Located in Block 11; provides counseling, manages student extra-curricular activities, and handles student related issues.
- Library and Information Services (Block-03): Operates library, manages internet services, and issues ID cards and e-mail address.
- Finance Division (Block-02 & 14): Tracks student fee payment records and provides overall financial management services. Student fee related counter is at block 14.
- Physical Facilities (Block-14): Provides logistics services for the whole campus such as transport, electricity, and procurement of goods & services.
- Center for Educational Design CED (Block-14): For design and construction of facilities and services.
- Hostel, Accommodation & Commutation: There are separate hostels for boys and girls. However, only limited number of new students can be accommodated in the hostels. Many students live in private housing or hostels nearby the campus. Some students commute from Kathmandu using the bus service managed by KU.
- Canteen: There are two canteens and one cafeteria. Conventional meal in the canteen is subsidized by KU. Payment is through the ID (RFID) card.
- Common Lecture Hall (Block-10): Newly added facility for class-rooms and seminars.
- Hospital and Community Centers: KU students have insurance for medical services at Dhulikhel Hospital (KUSMS Teaching Hospital). Community centers of Dhulikhel Hospital (KUSMS) provide medical outreach services and also host students to conduct community-based projects in various underprivileged places across the country.
- CV Raman Auditorium: The auditorium hosts meetings and events. Central hall has a capacity of 300 and there are two meeting halls (senate hall and mini-hall).
- Bank: Nepal Investment Bank Ltd (NIBL) Banepa branch has a counter at the Block-14 in KU Campus. KU related transactions may be done through the counter using Kathmandu University Account Number: 00501030250009 or other specific accounts. Special voucher for various types of KU transactions are available at the counter. At the side of KU main entrance, ATM service is also available.
- Sports Facilities: Sports ground is available for outdoor games such as football and cricket. Indoor game facility is available at the social hall. A gymnasium is available. The swimming pool is under construction. The Sports Club of KU organizes Sports Week each year in which students from all Schools of KU participate. Locations for various facilities in the campus may be found on the internet at http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/200135027#map=18/27.61934/85.53775